Page 1 of 1

CREG Field Meeting, 2-3 May 2020 - POSTPONED

Posted: Sat 14 Mar 2020 11:38
by David Gibson
This message is posted on behalf of Rob Gill, who is the organiser of this meeting.

Edited on 16-Mar-2020: this meeting is now postponed.

We will be based at Glan Dena, the climbing hut of the Midland Association of Mountaineers which, by all accounts, is a cut above the standard of accommodation that we sometimes experience on field meeting weekends. It is close to the A5 at LL57 3LZ. The hut is well situated for access to a number of mines that offer excellent locations for CREG-type activities.

As noted on page 2 of the current CREG Journal, pre-payment will be required and, if you don’t have Public Liability insurance cover as a result of membership of BCA or BCRA please let me [Rob Gill] know as we will need to arrange temporary membership to provide this cover (the cover is specifically required as a condition of the access requirements to most of the potential sites.)

At this stage it is only necessary to let me [Rob Gill] know if you are currently planning to attend and, if so, whether you will require bunk space on either the Friday or Saturday night.

The COVID-19 situation is developing rapidly and this may trigger a postponement if government-introduced social distancing measures dictate, or if sufficient potential attendees decide to self-isolate. We will make a final go/no-go decision on (or before) Easter weekend 11th/12th April.

In order that we can act swiftly, please let me know, if you haven’t already, whether you’d like to come along. I’ll then reserve you a bunk space and contact you directly closer to the date to confirm arrangements.

I really hope the meeting goes ahead as we have some interesting things to do in a part of the world that we haven’t visited on a CREG Field Meeting for some time. More details as plans take shape.

Contact details for Rob Gill can be found at

Re: CREG Field Meeting, 2-3 May 2020

Posted: Mon 16 Mar 2020 13:33
by David Gibson
Rob Gill has updated the above announcement as follows...

Given even the best-case COVID-19 pandemic projections, it would be imprudent to hold the next CREG field meeting in early May. We are therefore postponing the meeting. We must wait before suggesting a future date, but it is not likely to be before October. Particular thanks to Stuart France for organising accommodation and proposing experimental sites. I look forward to visiting North Wales for a CREG field meeting as soon as possible.