Paper newsletter / PDF download. A paper newsletter in currently being printed and should be posted within the next week or so. You will probably be able to pick up a copy at Hidden Earth, and you can also read it online at http://bcra.org.uk/news
AGM Agenda now online. The newsletter contains the agenda for the AGM, which is now online at http://bcra.org.uk/agm/2014 together with the Council Report and Accounts for 2013 and the minutes of the 2013 AGM. Dont forget, the AGM is *not* at Hidden Earth this year. The BCRA AGM, and the science symposium and field meeting are described here, on the BCRA Forum
BCRA Photo Salon at Hidden Earth. If you'll be at Hidden Earth this weekend, and entering the Photo Salon, please note that you must complete the online form before 11pm on Friday 265th September. Entries on the day, for the photo salon, will not be possible this year.
Nominations for election to BCRA Council. Nominations for all positions on BCRA's Council for 2015 must be made in writing to the secretary to reach him no later than 30 September 2013. All such nominations must be proposed and seconded by voting members (as defined in sub-clause E4 of the constitution). The nominations must be signed by the proposer and seconder and be accompanied by the nominee's signed consent. If there are more nominations than places available, a postal ballot of all members will be undertaken later in the year. Although new prospective Council members are, of course, welcome, you do not have to be a Council member to help, significantly, with the running of BCRA. If you have a project you would like to pursue, or you feel like offering to organise a field trip or a meeting, please do get in touch.
- 1 November 2014. Cave Radio & Electronics Group field meeting. Ingleton. For details, please sign up to the CREG-announce list at http://list.bcra.org.uk or keep an eye on the CREG forum at http://bcra.org.uk/cregf
- 20-26 June 2015. International Symposium on Karst Hydrogeology. This will take place at the University of Birmingham and will be coordinated by Prof. John Gunn, with support from BCRA. It is possible that a field trip will be arranged to coincide with this meeting.
- June 2015. BCA AGM and party weekend. Details to be announced but, if previous events are anything to go by, this will involve field trips and meetings, with camping, breakfast, bar and disco laid on.
- September 2015. National Caving Conference, Hidden Earth. Details to be announced.
- 31 October 2015. Science Symposium and AGM at the Manchester Museum. The symposium will be hosted by Andrew Chamberlain and Graham Proudlove. Details to be announced. It is possible that a field meeting will be arranged for the Sunday (1 November) to a local location of interest.