|LEGAL & INSURANCE - Home|
|Page last updated 23 July 2010|
The Legal + Insurance Officer is responsible for keeping Council and our Membership updated on all relevant Legal + Insurance matters.
- The Main Areas of responsibility are:
- To ensure that the best possible Insurance Policies are obtained, maintained and updated; particularly in the areas of Public Liability (I) and Expedition Travel(II); detailed work on (I)is in the main carried out by Nick Williams (Insurance Manager), and its day to day running is carried out by Glenn Jones (Membership Administrator). The administration of (II)is carried out by Richard Gibb (of RBPM Ltd in Salisbury)
- Keeping a watch on new/proposed legislation in the outdoor, recreational and access to countryside areas, and taking appropriate actions
- Keeping our equity, and other policies and guidance documents under constant review and recommending updating as appropriate
- This links with my other role as author of the Cave Studies Series booklet No.12 "Underground Britain - Legal + Insurance Issues". The 2nd Edition of this title was published at the beginning of 2006 and is available from BCRA Publications. It provides a brief summary of the law in England & Wales with respect to child protection, land and cave ownership, access to the countryside, public rights of way, cave & nature conservation, asbestos in non-domestic premises (club huts, etc), legal responsibilities of club officers, data protection, access to information, insurance and many other areas.